With Year of the Ox, The Burning of Rome rockets you through the cosmos on a chaotic yet cathartic journey alongside a species resembling the amalgamation of Jello Biafra, David Bowie, Henry Rollins, and Mark Mothersbaugh at the controls. Navigating the trip is a hybrid specimen akin to Todd Rundgren and a Martian acting as your resident tour guide through the annals of rock, punk, and pop galaxies. It’s a spectacle not to miss!!
Year of the Ox
Produced by: Paul Leary (Butthole Surfers, Sublime, Meat Puppets, The Melvins)
1. Year of the Ox
2. God of Small Things
3. Terrible Tales
4. Space Age Stockholm Syndrome
5. Better Than He
7. Sister Francis
8. Echo Park
10. Champagne & Cigarettes
11. The Complete Robot
12. Random Acts Of Violence
13. Animal (Bonus Track feat. Dale Crover)
– “Year of the Ox” receives 9 out of 10 stars from Music Connection.
– Appearing on Last Call w/ Carson Daly on May 20th.
– Significant spins on KCRW as well as college and specialty play.
– Wrote and performed DALLAS COWBOYS official song “Cowboys” (used for all TV/radio game coverage and rocking the stadium every time they score)!
– Won “Album of the Year” honors at the San Diego Music Awards for their last release “With Us” (beating out Slightly Stoopid, POD, Pinback, etc).
– “‘Year of the Ox’ is strange and beautiful and artsy and completely accessible. A rare combination.” – Colossal Pop